Castle of Magny-les-Hameaux - Donjon
The castle, located in the heart of the Village goes back to the end of the 11th century. Today it is integrated to the garden of a private property.
Strongly destroyed during the hundred years wars (1337-1453) it is into ruins from the beginning of the 18th century.
This explains its current condition. Of the middle age fortress, it only remains some sections of wall made with big milestone quarries, base of a tower and some cut stones camped on an earth hillock.
Even if it is not conceivable to restore such a monument it would be good to preserve the traces of what was a fortress in past times or to make sure that it never disappears.
"From that time the abandoned tower collapsed and today  we can only see the trace of its destroyed walls. These are still 9 meters high in the exterior, 4.5 meters high interior and 2 meters wide.
These ruins are totally covered with ivy have an 11m interior diameter. The tower was therefore 15 meters wide and about 20 meters (60 feet) high. It was therefore higher than the one still existing in Chevreuse. Its dimensions are more similar to the tower of Maurepas".