Castle of Brouessy

As specified in the monograph from the origins to 1900, "The buildings which we give the name of castles to are generally not really remarkable as for their architecture.
They are simple big size houses without any interior or exterior decor".

The castle was built between 1711 and 1750. The frame elements could come from Port-Royal.

The Lords of Romainville may have lived in the property. The property of the château was divided into two properties: one belonging to the INRA and the other to the family of Paul Weiss.

This last was Commander of the Legion of Honour, Major of Magny-les-Hameaux from 1935 to 1940 and father of Louise Weiss, the first women member of the European Parliament. In 1933, the painter Vlaminck and the collector Jouanine Roudinesco visited the Weiss family.

During the Second World War, German soldiers occupied the castle.